Change font size   E-mail friend   Print view

Can any mastering guy master to vinyl?

(1~10 iShares). Here mastering engineers can discuss mastering related topics. Moderated by Chris Chetland and Edward Vinatea.

Moderator: Moderator

Can any mastering guy master to vinyl?

Postby Ron Vale » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm

I mean i been working with a mastering guy who til this point has been workin on all my cds he doesn't work with vinyl but now i want to release a vinyl record so if i ask him to master the cd version looks like i have to pay for another mastering guy for vinyl :roll: I don't wanna ask him if can do it yet, i wanna ask here first if anyone can do it.

I'll apreciate anyone giving me some info!
Ron Vale
Has Liked: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
iShares on hand: Locked

Post Relevance: 

• Register

• Re: Can any mastering guy master to vinyl?

Postby Edward Vinatea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 pm

That depends, but basically yes. For example, you could have a mastering engineer master your mix and then request for a master version for vinyl. Then you could send that to the manufacturing plant. If you need testing, you could take that master to a vinyl mastering facility and get a dubplate, then ask the mastering engineer for just a flat cut. You should get a discount for that.

When searching for your mastering service on the DMS, you should be able to read in their studio profiles if they do that in 'Service Options'.
    Edward Vinatea
    Mixing-Mastering Engineer
    EV Sonic Lab
    New York
    Edward Vinatea
    Studio Owner
    Studio Owner
    Has Liked: 1 post
    Liked in: 5 posts
    iShares on hand: Locked

Post Relevance: 

• Register