Change font size   E-mail friend   Print view

Is mastering a good business to be in?

(1~10 iShares). Here mastering engineers can discuss mastering related topics. Moderated by Chris Chetland and Edward Vinatea.

Moderator: Moderator

Is mastering a good business to be in?

Postby Bellofont » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:48 am

Hi mastering ppl! I am thinking in opening up a mastering facility in my basement. Is mastering still a good business in the music industry??

Im asking 'cause I've been reading this thread over here
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/1154786-mastering-most-ed-up-business-music-production.html but it left me more questions than answers!

And anyway nobody can post if you're new to that forum 'cause you get:
The Mastering Forum is currently only automatically open to users who are participating in other areas of the forum. If you would like immediate access please send a PM to Riccardo with your request. Thanks!
:lol:

After pm the ricardo guy no answer so if you mastering ppl can help me with a simple yes or no answer that would be kewl!
Thanx
anonymous users

Bellofont
iShares on hand: Locked

• Register

• Re: Is mastering a good business to be in?

Postby Edward Vinatea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes, of course it's good. It's probably the busiest service to be in since artists and labels need it all the time. It's also the least expensive to create compared to production studios and better remunerated than regular recording services.

Word of caution though, don't overspend your budget, start basic and lean with good speakers and room acoustics. Grow as much as the demand allows.
    Edward Vinatea
    Mixing-Mastering Engineer
    EV Sonic Lab
    New York
    Edward Vinatea
    Studio Owner
    Studio Owner
    Has Liked: 1 post
    Liked in: 5 posts
    iShares on hand: Locked

Post Relevance: 

• Register