Change font size   Print view

How to be permanently removed from The DMS?

All the DMS announcements, blogs, site news, or mastering topics are found here. Please note that any reply to some topics might become a duplicate at the front end.

How to be permanently removed from The DMS?

Postby DMS » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 am

The Directory of Mastering Studios ("DMS") is primarily a listing website for mastering studios around the world.

Our mission is to list all legitimate mastering services regardless of size and type (brick & mortar or virtual service).

In order to have the removal of your listing or mastering service from our site, one of the admins has to deactivate your studio account. Once your account is deactivated your listing is hidden and you may not have access to your account and/or the front end area anymore (e.g., to the main section of our website at "/login").

However, a member may still have access to these support boards or "the board" also known as the 'back end' area.

That said, The DMS never deletes a listing since account 'deactivation' only hides a mastering service from public view and other DMS studio owners, not from the view of admins and moderators (see illustration below).

Inactive-Account.jpg
Inactive-Account.jpg (47.57 KiB)

So, if your service was listed but you no longer wish to be - with a few exceptions (see at the bottom) - there is only one way that it will be permanently removed from view and prevent being searched on Google or The DMS:

Your service website is permanently offline.

No mastering service can be listed at The DMS without a verifiable website URL anyway, therefore we will deactivate any listing whose web address is no longer valid.

That's because we don't want Google to find a profile whose website has either expired or gone offline either.

Here are some of the possible scenarios for profile deactivation:
  1. A studio owner-member (you) notifies us that is no longer providing mastering services. As soon as we verify your claim that you are permanently offline, your profile page and business card are "removed" by deactivation.
  2. A user has reported your mastering service page as having a dead link to their official mastering company website at the Bug Reporting board. We then investigate until it's verified that a mastering service is not being provided online by this engineer or studio and then their profile gets "removed" by deactivation.
  3. Your service has been reported as being fraudulent to the public (e.g. bait and switch tactic on The DMS). Your account is put on suspension while admins and moderators investigate the facts to the case and it's resolved.
  4. Someone has reported your service as an online scam (e.g. you were reported at a scams site). Your account is put on suspension until you respond to the charges and your case is resolved.

These are just a few examples of how a mastering service is normally removed from The DMS, but there could be other reasons as well:

Your website is just a Facebook service page.
Your website URL has changed and you forgot to update your DMS page.
Your website is hosted by a free hosting service (e.g. Wix, Weebly, etc.)
Your website was listed by mistake by The DMS Bot.

FAQ
  1. What happens if my studio is still online but I no longer want to be listed on The DMS?
    Your studio account will be temporarily downgraded to either 'Basic' or 'Unclaimed' listing so as to prevent you from receiving our system email notifications and will also not show up on the front page and/or receive free top search results exposure. Once your domain name expires, your listing will then be removed.
  2. How can I temporarily remove my studio from view?
    If your account is premium, you could do so, but you will still be visible to guests from Facebook and LinkedIn, your mastering engineer peers, and of course, admin and moderators.
  3. I am closing my studio down for vacations and my account is not premium, can I pay to be temporarily removed?
    Alas, unless your account is premium, there is no option for temporary removal from public view.
  4. My studio is closed for lack of business but will remain online for the foreseeable future, how can I be removed from The DMS ?
    This is not an option for the reasons explained above. In short; if you have a website that advertises mastering services, or in some cases, a Facebook service page, you will be listed.
  5. I have a 'studio out of business' notice on my site and no longer want to be listed on The DMS
    If you state on both, your front and contact pages that you are an out of business website and have also removed your pricing information from your service pages, we may eventually remove you from the list after you report it to us. Studio owners or engineers may expect to be notified of this change 30 days from the date of your report which should provide a link to the out of business web notice.

What do you think? Feel free to post your opinion.
The DMS Administration

Please report any problems (e.g. a dead link) to Bug Reporting Forum (now paying 10 iS per report!)
bug-reporting-f9.html
========================================
Please subscribe to receive all our news at:
https://musicmasteringonline.com/mail/?p=subscribe&id=2

Follow us & like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/directoryofmasteringstudios

Follow Us on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MusicMastering1
========================================
DMS
Has Liked: 9 posts
Liked in: 3 posts